As you know, my good Blogger Buddy (and general Sjoggie-extraordinaire) Julia always has a unique idea up her sleeve. A recent favorite was her plot to procure a small 'fainting goat', but trust me when I say that's just the most recent and relatively mundane idea to come out of her dangerous noggin'.
In fact, one month ago she undertook a particularly risky enterprise. She opened a contest for designing an image around which Sjoggies can rally. A mascot, a logo, or a symbol, if you will, and encouraged all her readers to participate. Now, my family can testify that for all the traits I inherited, I was spared any and all artistic skills. But Julia, being as persuasive as we know she can be, made me an offer I just couldn't resist - the opportunity to attempt to put an image to the invisible world in which we live. Come on, now, how can I pass that up?
Clearly, I can't.
|Photo courtesy of my dear husband. Who was beyond amused by my undertaking.|
What? You want to know what I'm drawing? HA, can't tell you that! It's a killer idea - can't let anyone snag that;) But fear not, I'll reveal my entry and rationale after Julia's deadline.
In the meantime, why don't you join me?! Here is Julia's original post about this competition (oh, did I forget to tell you - there are prizes?!). You'll see the original deadline was this past Monday, but she has since extended the deadline for slow-moving art-eests such as myself, and you now have until THIS Monday, April 29th! Here's a short summary of her criteria and rules, but check out her posts for all the details:
- Email your image, drawing, concept of an image, sketch, or model that you think universally represents sjoggies everywhere. Use of a word or alphabet letters will disqualify your entry.
- You may submit as many entries as you like.
- You may email your submissions to: juliaschulia(at)gmail(dot)com.
- All submissions must be received by April
22nd29th, 2013, midnight.
- Judging panel includes: John, Terese, Greg, and D#1.
- If judging panel is unable to make decision, I -- yours truly -- will cast the deciding vote.
- Finalists will be notified via a post on Reasonably Well and their mailing addresses will be requested.
- Winner will be announced
byon or about May 1st13th, 2013.
So there you have it, folks. You have 5 more days to try to out do my design magic...if you dare...(mwahaha). GO!