February 20, 2012

Call for Carnival

(NOTE: blogger friends - please repost, link to, or otherwise share this post with your communities! Thanks!)


Image found here.



Over the past few years, I discovered a favorite way of relating to fellow bloggers - and patients - through blog carnivals. These events are organized periodically by a person or group to showcase many stories or perspectives around a common theme. Bloggers submit their posts on the chosen topic, which are aggregated and presented together as links from one post, providing readers with a directory of great posts by great writers.

This year, I'd like to start UII Blog Carnivals, right here! For our first topic, I draw on a special event in my own life. My dad just had surgery for spinal stenosis, and by the time he awoke from this outpatient procedure, he already had significant relief in his legs & feet from the debilitating pain & cramps his compressed nerves caused.

For the inaugural UII Blog Carnival, lets share posts about successful treatments/procedures that have helped make your life better! It's so easy to get mired in how incomplete our relief can feel, but success stories (great & small) do happen!

Here's all the info & how to enter:

Send the following information to uii(dot)Jennyp(at)gmail(dot)com by FRIDAY, MARCH 9:

*Your name (nickname/pseudonym is fine)

*Name of your blog

*URL of the post to share. The post can be a new post written especially for this carnival, or an older pre-existing entry, as long as it's on this (general) topic!

*Twitter handle (if applicable)

And that's it! If you have questions or ideas for future topics, please let me know! Also, encourage your friends & blogger buddies to contribute, too!!!
posted from Bloggeroid

6 comments:

  1. I would love to submit a post, but have a question. Although my son's food allergies are definitely invisible, there is NO treatment for them. (The only way to manage them is by strict avoidance and give epinephrine in case of a reaction.) Is there any broader subject matter that you'd be willing to accept?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby!
    Good question. A few ideas come to mind: ways your family copes with your son's allergies (do you have special rituals or recipes that have turned into a bonding moment?), or something about how you were able to identify his allergies (sometimes the method for getting a diagnosis is a victory in itself, of course)? Or, has your son found unexpected support from classmates or friends? Maybe he's introduced his peers to a recipe or food that they now can enjoy together? How about how sticking to an avoidance diet has allowed him "success" (return to things he enjoyed, etc)?

    Did you have any ideas of what you'd like to write on. If we can't get it to fit in this topic, maybe it will give me an idea for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to share my story for the first time! I have a blog for my business, however I've done my best to hide my illness as much as possible from clients. My business has pretty much dried up now (can't have that many family emergencies, out of town trips, meetings, etc that people actually believe). But I don't want to put a personal blog post on my business site. I am reaching out to the community of chronic illnesses to help me cope with CFIDS, but not ready to broadcast to professional network. Where else can I post story?I agree with what you said above in description, maybe this will be theraputic for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey,
      Well welcome to UII! I'm really excited that you're thinking about exploring this outlet. The community here can relate very strongly with the things you've already briefly mentioned, and I'd love to do anything I can to help you find your way of communicating about chronic health issues. I have a couple of ideas, could you shoot me an email so we can chat privately? You can reach me at "uii(dot)jennyp(at)gmail(dot)com". Thank you for speaking up, I think we can find the right outlet for you!

      Delete
  4. I wish I had seen this post earlier as I would have loved to participate! I look forward to reading the posts of the bloggers who are involved. Jessica (http://rollerskatingwithrickets.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica,
      There's never a bad time to talk about successes, is there:) Just post on it anyway, and leave us a link! We'll be having more carnivals, so keep an eye open! I look forward to checking out your blog. Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Jenny

      Delete

I'm excited you're here - and can't wait to read your comment!

* Transparency Note *
If you are commenting as someone affiliated with a professional organization to promote said entity, please identify yourself as such. I'm not opposed to hearing from you or your organization, but must ask that you provide transparency by stating this for my readers and myself. Thank you for your compliance.