September 15, 2011

Awesomeness: Telling Doctors "No" and Doctors' Medical Arrogance

In honor of Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2011, I thought I'd share some key posts by a very talented fellow blogger.


This "pro-writer turned pro-patient" really shines. These posts are something mine rarely are - brief:) Read about these two momentus and very timely issues. It will take only perhaps 5 minutes total, but I promise they will have you thinking for days (and days and days...).

Make This Look Awesome...: How do you tell a doctor you don't want to comply ...: My new doctor expected to show me how my claims for Autoimmune Hypophysitis were misguided. That hasn't happened.

Make This Look Awesome...: Medical Arrogance and the Effects of Prejudice: One of the most fascinating stories I have run across about medical arrogance is actually a story about doctors turning on one of their own.

It's like a crash course in patient self-advocacy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thank you for such wonderful praise. You honor me. ^_^ *bows*

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're here - and can't wait to read your comment!

* Transparency Note *
If you are commenting as someone affiliated with a professional organization to promote said entity, please identify yourself as such. I'm not opposed to hearing from you or your organization, but must ask that you provide transparency by stating this for my readers and myself. Thank you for your compliance.