April 24, 2013

Boldly Going Where No Crayon Has Gone Before

...and that would be into my hands for an art project!  (Trust me, it's a fate no art instrument deserves.)

As you know, my good Blogger Buddy (and general Sjoggie-extraordinaire) Julia always has a unique idea up her sleeve.  A recent favorite was her plot to procure a small 'fainting goat', but trust me when I say that's just the most recent and relatively mundane idea to come out of her dangerous noggin'.

In fact, one month ago she undertook a particularly risky enterprise.  She opened a contest for designing an image around which Sjoggies can rally.  A mascot, a logo, or a symbol, if you will, and encouraged all her readers to participate.  Now, my family can testify that for all the traits I inherited, I was spared any and all artistic skills.  But Julia, being as persuasive as we know she can be, made me an offer I just couldn't resist - the opportunity to attempt to put an image to the invisible world in which we live.  Come on, now, how can I pass that up?

Clearly, I can't.
Photo courtesy of my dear husband.  Who was beyond amused by my undertaking.
Yes, ladies and gents, I dug out (ok, had my husband dig out) my big 'ol box of crayons and give this a go.

What?  You want to know what I'm drawing?  HA, can't tell you that!  It's a killer idea - can't let anyone snag that;)  But fear not, I'll reveal my entry and rationale after Julia's deadline.

In the meantime, why don't you join me?!  Here is Julia's original post about this competition (oh, did I forget to tell you - there are prizes?!).  You'll see the original deadline was this past Monday, but she has since extended the deadline for slow-moving art-eests such as myself, and you now have until THIS Monday, April 29th!  Here's a short summary of her criteria and rules, but check out her posts for all the details:

  1. Email your image, drawing, concept of an image, sketch, or model that you think universally represents sjoggies everywhere. Use of a word or alphabet letters will disqualify your entry.
  2. You may submit as many entries as you like.
  3. You may email your submissions to: juliaschulia(at)gmail(dot)com.
  4. All submissions must be received by April 22nd 29th, 2013, midnight. 
  5. Judging panel includes: John, Terese, Greg, and D#1. 
  6. If judging panel is unable to make decision, I -- yours truly -- will cast the deciding vote. 
  7. Finalists will be notified via a post on Reasonably Well and their mailing addresses will be requested. 
  8. Winner will be announced by on or about May 1st 13th, 2013.
So there you have it, folks.  You have 5 more days to try to out do my design magic...if you dare...(mwahaha).  GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm excited you're here - and can't wait to read your comment!

* Transparency Note *
If you are commenting as someone affiliated with a professional organization to promote said entity, please identify yourself as such. I'm not opposed to hearing from you or your organization, but must ask that you provide transparency by stating this for my readers and myself. Thank you for your compliance.