September 3, 2009

Why a UII Blog

Ok, to begin, I make no promises here. I never had a diary, and I only journaled for school assignments. However, in the spirit of National Invisible Illness Awareness Week, I thought that as the founder of UII - Understanding Invisible Illnesses, I should give it a try at least for the the month of September. Over the next few weeks, I hope to explain where I come from with my situation, why awareness efforts mean so much to me, and especially what my successes are and how I achieve them.

I think I might have something worthwhile to share. Compared to many sufferers I hear from, my medical situation is well controlled and stable, allowing me to make decisions for myself. After reading many comments, articles, and stories, I realized my situation is an ideal for many sufferers. So, in addition to being grateful, I want to share whatever I can with others...be it suggestions, support, or hope!

If you are Facebook, please look for our group "UII - Understanding Invisible Illnesses" http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=2211860106 . There are some great discussions, and it is open to everyone: sufferers with ANY invisible illness along with their friends, family, and caregivers.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that I am able to pass along some help, goodwill, and education to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm excited you're here - and can't wait to read your comment!

* Transparency Note *
If you are commenting as someone affiliated with a professional organization to promote said entity, please identify yourself as such. I'm not opposed to hearing from you or your organization, but must ask that you provide transparency by stating this for my readers and myself. Thank you for your compliance.